With thousands of dogs adopted every year, this seminar is all about the ins and outs of the adopted dog.
Whether you’re a potential dog adopter OR rehoming dogs through a pound, shelter or rescue group- this is a seminar for you!
Presented by Underdog Training’s Tamara Jackman, The Adopted Dog will cover:
- The origin of the adopted dog. Where can rescued dogs come from and how does this affect their behaviour?
- Benefits of Dog adoption
- Shelter vs Pound vs Foster Care- Advantages and Disadvantages of each
- Choosing the right dog
- How to become an in demand adopter!
- Preparing for a new addition
- Redefining “Settling In”- settling in to good behaviour
- How to become an in demand shelter/ pound/ rescue group!
- Presenting and promoting dogs to improve adoptability
- Developing Environmental Enrichment programs
- The relevance of history in behaviour modification
- Dealing with Potential Adopters
- Improving the three R’s- Reclaim/ Rehome/ Return!
- Post Adoption Responsibilities
This event would be suitable for anyone involved in rescue, foster carers, shelters, pounds as well as interested dog owners
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
Tamara Jackman – Underdog Training & Behaviour Consulting
To see other events that Tamara has presented for us, check out the following links:
Would you like to have this event at your workplace?
Let the training come to you! Chews Australia can organise to hold the event at your workplace or at another venue suitable for your requirements if you prefer. It’s your choice!
If you would like to have this event run specifically for you, please get in touch with us today at firstname.lastname@example.org